III. BRIEFING / DE-BRIEFING
11. The expedition upon arrival in Rawalpindi/ Islamabad should see the officer concerned in Tourism Division for arranging meeting with the liaison Officer and assistance on matters like insurance, purchase of rations and allied matters. After completing these formalities leaders of the expedition shall ask for a date of formal briefing. For this purpose he shall give a minimum notice of 24 hours excluding Friday and Holidays. The preparatory work would entail a stay of about four - five days Islamabad/ Rawalpindi.
On return from the mountains the leader of the party shall
inform the concerned officer in the Tourism Division and obtain a date for
debriefing by giving him a minimum notice of 24 hours excluding Friday and
Note: No party will leave for the mountains without formal briefing or leave the Country without formal debriefing.
IV. LIAISON OFFICER (L.O)
13. A party shall include in the expedition, as its member at least one L.O. to be detailed by the Government of Pakistan.
14. A party shall pay for his food; accommodation and transport for mountains and back from reporting date of the expedition in Islamabad till the date the party is debriefed.
15. During the stay of a party at Rawalpindi / Islamabad the L.O will be given daily allowance at the rate US $ 30/- per day. The L.O. in a city of Northern Areas (such as Skardu, Gilgit etc.) is to paid US $ 15/- per day and accommodation.
16. A L.O shall carry his personal equipment like any other member of the party.
17. A L.O. shall be consulted on routes and local customs and if desired on matters such as transport accommodation and rations. If however, a leader disagrees with L.O. he shall give him in writing the reasons for such disagreement.
A L.O. shall extend maximum assistance to a party in making
purchases etc. He shall, however, not handle any cash nor undertake any
financial transactions on behalf of a leader/party.
V. KIT & EQUIPMENT
(i) For Liaison Officer
19. A L.O shall accompany a party to a maximum height with the consent of the leader or atleast stay at the base camp till the party descends and return with the party for debriefing at Islamabad. For this purpose a party shall provide him, free of cost necessary kit and equipment as detailed at Annexure- C in order to enable him t perform his duties without any risk to his person.
20. Kit / equipment for L.O. should be brought to his measurements sent to a party in advance. If a party does not receive measurement before its departure for Pakistan it may bring standard size kit and equipment. Shirt and Jean trousers may be purchased in Pakistan t avoid size problems.
Low Altitude Porters
21. A low altitude porter shall accompany a party upto the base camp (Maximum height 5,500 meters). For this purpose a party shall provide him with standard kit/equipment as detailed at Annexure- D free of cost.
22. In case a low altitude porter is desired by the party to go above 5,500 meters (except passes enroute) he shall be entitled to kit / equipment and ration as prescribed for high altitude porters at Annexure- E.
The cook will be provided the kit/equipment (except climbing
tools) of a high altitude porter.
High Altitude Porter
A party shall arrange to provide, free of cost, standard kit
and to a high altitude porter as detailed at Annexure - E. In order to
enable him to perform his duties.
25. A party shall be equipped with reasonable communication means such as Walkie talkie, Radio/Transistor set, and a high powered transmitter for communication from mountain with district headquarters (optional frequencies allotted are 5201 KHZ, 6996-KHZ,10282-KHZ,15951-KHZ and
26. Kit/ equipment for porter shall be handed over to them in the presence of L.O. prior to the start of caravan.
27. No party shall be allowed to proceed to its destination if the kit/ equipment provided by it to L.O./porters is found incomplete or sub-standard in quality. Before leaving Rawalpindi/ Islamabad a L.O.shall satisfy himself that the kit/equipment is complete and have required standard. Kit and equipment is complete and of required standard. Kit and equipment given to L.O. is returnable but, the items of personal used and clothing such as Jackets, Trousers, shirts, Gloves, Socks, Caps, approach march boots, pullovers, ruck sack and sleeping are t be retained by the liaison officer.
28. Use of communication system: It will be advisable to carry proper communication system by a party. The L.O. will also be provided appropriate communicational equipment. The obtaining clearance of Communication system to be used by the party is indispensable which should be intimated well in time on prescribed form (Annexure - K)